Commercial Building Permits
The City of Georgetown requires a Commercial Building Permit Application submittal for new construction, remodel, tenant- finish out, additions to an existing structure, facade changes, and exterior improvements.
Effective November 1, 2014, the City of Georgetown is under the 2012 International Building, Fire, Plumbing, Fuel Gas, Mechanical, Existing Building and Property Maintenance Codes and the 2003 IECC for Commercial projects and the 2014 National Electrical Code. For inspections-related questions, please contact (512) 930-2550 or email@example.com.
- Civil and Architectural plans may be submitted for review at the same time; however, a building permit shall not be issued until the site development has been approved.
- A Pre-application Conference is required for all new development, unless otherwise specified. To schedule a Pre-application conference, please contact the Planning Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All plan submittals must be signed, dated, and stamped by the responsible licensed professional.
- Fire Suppression and/or Fire Alarm Systems shall be submitted under a separate permit application. Click here for the Fire Application
- The City of Georgetown uses http://www.mygovernmentonline.org for all communication regarding the plan review. You will use this website to apply for a permit, receive any comments issued, to resubmit plans, to view approved plans, and request inspections. An account is required to be set up and you will need to link your project # to the account.
- All Submittals must be in a PDF Format merged together, facing the correct direction, and bookmarked as stated on the Commercial Building Permit Checklist.
- Applicants may submit permit applications online at www.mygovernmentonline.org
- The building plan review is up to thirty (30) business days for initial comments to be issued. Once comments are issued, you will receive an email from email@example.com to download the comments from your account at www.mygovernmentonline.org
Quick Links for Commercial Building Permits:
User Manual for mygovernmentonline.org account (User Manual for Creating an Account, Applying Online)