Print Friendly

When do I need a permit?

Any owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing system requires a permit.

If the project address is located within the ETJ/County and the City of Georgetown is the water, wastewater, and/or electric provider, then a building permits will apply.

A permit is required for:

  • Alarm – click here
  • Additions
  • Attic Fan
  • Banner
  • Carport
  • Certificate of Occupancy
  • Deck
  • Demolitions
  • Driveway
  • Driveway Cut
  • Electrical Systems
  • Fence
  • Fireplace
  • Foundation Repair
  • Generator
  • Hot Tub
  • HVAC Systems
  • Irrigation System
  • Mobile Home
  • New Buildings
  • Parking lot
  • Patio
  • Patio cover, including Pergola
  • Photovoltaic
  • Plumbing Systems
  • Prefabricated Structures
  • Remodel
  • Re-roof
  • Signs (temp& perm)
  • Solar Tube
  • Special Event
  • Storage Building
  • Sun Room
  • Swimming Pool
  • Temporary Building
  • Temporary Use
  • Tenant Finish Out
  • Utility Connection
  • Water Heater
  • Water Softener

To apply for any of the permits listed above, please click one of the links below:

For Commercial Project/Permits Click Here

For Residential Projects/Permits Click Here

Don’t see it listed? Please email us at