Georgetown Utilities & Customer Care

Commercial Service Applications

All businesses in the City of Georgetown require a valid Commercial Service Application (Certificate of Occupancy Permit) prior to occupying the business space or opening to the general public. This applies to all stand-alone buildings as well as leasable tenant space in multi-tenant buildings. In addition, a Commercial Service Application is not transferable. Anytime the business owner, business address or business name changes, a new Commercial Service Application is required.

Commercial Service Application (Certificate of Occupancy Permit) Process

  • Complete the Commercial Service Application and submit it online at
  • Pay permit fee of $140.00 when you receive notification from
  • Allow up to seven business days for zoning verification review.
  • Once zoning is approved, we will contact you to schedule fire and building inspection which are conducted Monday-Friday between 8AM – 4PM. If we do not contact you within seven business days, please contact us at
  • After you pass the Fire and Building Inspections, we will upload a copy of the Certificate of Occupancy to your account.
  • If you fail any of the required inspections, you have ten days to correct items and reschedule your inspection. If inspections are not resolved, power and /or water may be disconnected.

If you are located in the ETJ and are connected to Georgetown Utilities then you will need a Commercial Service Application .

Residential Certificate of Occupancy

The City of Georgetown does not issue a Certificate of Occupancy. The building final inspection serves as the Certificate of Occupancy. If you are the permit holder, you may print the building final report from your account.

Electric Line Extensions

If your service is over 400 amp, you will need to apply for a Line Extension Permit.

Fire Hydrant Meter Application

The purpose of a fire hydrant water meter is to provide water temporarily during ongoing construction projects and when tapping water lines into our main line.

To apply for a fire hydrant meter, click here to access the application. The application will contain a link to the hydrant location map, where you will choose the hydrant you want to have metered for temporary use.

Choosing the proper hydrant will ensure that you get the service you want, where you need it.  Completed forms will be processed by next business day and then scheduled for the following business day.  Need help?  Contact us at 512-930-3640 or email

If you have any questions regarding Commercial Service Applications, please email

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Click here to sign up for Georgetown news.
Click here to view our Twitter page. Click here to view our facebook page. Click here to view our Nextdoor page. Click here to view our Youtube page.
Click here to sign up for alerts.
image: City of Georgetown Texas logo