Commercial Service Applications
All businesses in the City of Georgetown require a valid Commercial Service Application (Certificate of Occupancy Permit)prior to occupying the business space or opening to the general public. This applies to all stand-alone buildings as well as leasable tenant space in multi-tenant buildings. In addition, a Commercial Service Application is not transferable. Anytime the business owner, business address or business name changes, a new Commercial Service Application is required.
Commercial Service Application (Certificate of Occupancy Permit) Process:
- Complete the Commercial Service Application and submit it online at www.mygovernmentonline.org
- Pay permit fee of $136.00 when you receive notification from email@example.com
- Allow up to seven business days for zoning verification review.
- Once zoning is approved, we will contact you to schedule fire and building inspection which are conducted Monday-Friday between 9:00am – 11:30am. If we do not contact you within seven business days, please contact us at (512) 930-2550 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- After you pass the Fire and Building Inspections, we will upload a copy of the Certificate of Occupancy to your www.mygovernmentonline.org account.
- If you fail any of the required inspections, you have ten days to correct items and reschedule your inspection. If inspections are not resolved, power and /or water may be disconnected.
If you are located in the ETJ and are connected to Georgetown Utilities then you will need a Commercial Service Application .
Residential Certificate of Occupancy:
The City of Georgetown does not issue a Certificate of Occupancy. The building final inspection serves as the Certificate of Occupancy. If you are the permit holder, you may print the building final report from your www.mygovernmentonline.org account.
Fire Hydrant Meter Application:
The purpose of a fire hydrant water meter is to provide water temporarily during ongoing construction projects and when tapping water lines into our main line.
To apply for a fire hydrant, click here to access the connect application.
Completed forms can be submitted to the Customer Care office, located in the Georgetown Municipal Complex at 300 Industrial Avenue, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, or by fax 512-930-3534 or email email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding Commercial Service Applications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.