To access the new customer portal, please click the link below. If you have have not set up an online account, the instructions below will assist with the creation of your new online account.
The Georgetown Utility Systems online customer self service portal is now live. When navigating to the new portal for the first time, you will need to click the button to set up a new account. In order to set up your online account you will need the following items:
- Before attempting to create a new log in you will need to have the following information readily available.
- Access to a valid email address that can be checked.
- Customer Utility Account number, (if using an older account number it must contain the dashes. Example 123-4567-89, new account numbers are in the following format 100123456.)
- Drivers License used when utility account was initially set up.
1. First thing you will need to do is click on Sign up now. All customers must set up a new account on the new customer portal below.
2. Starting with the first box “Email Address”, you will need to enter a valid email address and click the button which says “Send Verification Code”
3. Next thing is you will need to be able to check the email address you used for an email from Microsoft that says: “Microsoft on behalf of GeorgetownCSS”. That email will contain a six digit verification code.
4. Once you have the verification code you received in the email you can enter it into the box labeled “Verification code”.
5. Now click on the button to Verify code, you will get an error if you do not enter a valid code. Note, the verification code is only valid for a few minutes.
6. Once the verification code has been entered successfully you can complete the rest of the form. Passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters long, contain at least one capital letter, one numerical digit, and must include one of the following characters !,@,#,$,%,^,&,* (Example: Gtown123!)
- Customer Account number must contain dashes if you are using the old system account number (example: XXX-XXXX-XX). The new billing system account number can also be entered (example: 10016223).
- Driver License – Enter the driver license number used when the original utility account was set up. The sign-in will not work if the driver license number does not match the one in the system.
- If you initially created your utility account with an out-of-state driver license that is no longer valid and you cannot find that number, contact Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-930-3640. Have your current driver license information ready. A Customer Care representative will provide that information to utility staff who will be able to help you complete the steps to create a new account. Due to high call volume, there are long wait times. You can also email Customer Care and a representative will contact you as soon as possible.
- The “CREATE” Button will turn GREEN – once the entire form is filled out.
- Hit CREATE – If all the data is correct– it will take you to the Home Page of the Customer online portal!
If you are ready to complete your account set up please click the button below to access the Customer Self Service portal. Remember to keep this page open if you need to reference the steps.
During this transition period we will not assess late fees.
To make a payment over the phone, dial 1-855-347-0509.
Dates and times for walk-in help at an office location are listed at gus.georgetown.org/customercare/paying-your-bill. This page will be updated as new dates and times are added.