Electric/Water Outage Information
Georgetown Utility Systems has recently added maps which allow customers to see areas currently experiencing either water or electric service outages.
To see current outages click on one of the maps below.
Current Water Outages
Current Electric Outages
If you are experiencing an outage and it is not shown on the map please call us at (512) 930-3640 to report it.
Additionally, during an outage we will post updates to specific neighborhoods on NextDoor.
What to do when there is a power outage
There are a number of events that can cause a power outage, ranging from thunderstorms to car accidents, and in those cases there are several things you can do until power is restored. Below are a few tips from the American Red Cross
- Keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed
- Unopened refrigerators can keep food cold for 4 hours and unopened freezers can keep food cold for up to 48 hours
- If the outage will be for a long period, pack your freezer with ice to preserve food longer
- Turn off and unplug any unnecessary electrical equipment, including any sensitive electrical equipment.
- Be sure to turn off any appliances that were in use when the outage occurred. Power surges when the power comes back on can damage equipment.
- Leave lights on so that you will know when the power comes back on.
- Try not to travel unless absolutely necessary, during power outages, street lights and traffic signals may not be working properly.
- Never use a generator, grill, camp stove or other gasoline, propane, natural gas or charcoal-burning devices inside a home, garage, basement, crawlspace or any partially enclosed area. Locate unit away from doors, windows and vents that could allow carbon monoxide to come indoors.
- The primary hazards when using alternate sources for electricity, heating or cooking, are carbon monoxide poisoning, electric shock and fire.
For additional information on what you can do during an outage visit the Red Cross Power Outage page.
Other Helpful Information
Department of Homeland Security
Austin / San Antonio National Weather Service Office